Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bubba is back!

So I know I am a little behind on here and I thought I would post about Noah being home.

So he was gone most of the summer but he was home for three weeks in the middle. I felt so bad for my poor baby Dani because she was going insane without him. Seriously. She was always asking for him and then it got to the point that she refused to sit in her highchair anymore because she HAD to sit in Noah's chair and eat. She would go up and sit in his room and play with his toys for a little bit, and she would just be grumpy in general.




So Mike and Sandy brought Noah home on the 23rd. They called me when they were coming through the gate and I said that Bubba would be here soon, and Dani insisted that we go and stand in the driveway and wait for him. She was seriously just standing there, leaning against the car, looking down the street. It was too cute.

Then Noah was here, and she was not the first person that he hugged and she was getting pretty cranky about it. But then when he did go to her for a hug, she threw her arms around his neck, he picked her up and she would just not let go. She must have given him five or six kisses. She was so happy. And we were very happy to have Noah home.

He has actually been pretty good since he has been back. No major issues yet. We are dealing with a little smart mouth syndrome right now but he will get back into stride soon I'm sure. He was supposed to start school yesterday, but sadly we didn't know that school had been canceled because of Hurricane Irene. We got up in the morning, got Noah all ready, his hair done and he was wearing this cute suit that his Grandma Ross had bought him. We go down to the bus stop and I notice that there are not any other kids out, not at any other stops or anything. So I call the school no answer. I come back into the house and pull up the website, and there is a big flashy banner saying no school. I thought: "well the phone call was nice" and I had watched the news the night before to check too. It was not on the list. So then I feel dumb. Poor Noah was bummed, and then he was double bummed when I made him take his suit off. Ha ha. But his hair looked great.




So there was not school again today, so we didnt bother. Hopefully we get to try this all over again tomorrow.




But yes, Noah is home and happy to be home, and we are thrilled to have him home. In reality its too quiet without him here. When the time rolls around I think about how nice its going to be with only Dani, and how quiet its going to be, and how much relaxation I will get... yeah. Well in reality, its so not worth it. Yes, its more quiet, yes I relax more, yes I spend more time with Tom. But then I think of the things that Noah brings to our home, it might be noisy but most of the time its fun. He makes us laugh so hard. He is the best big brother ever and plays with Dani for hours. He is an awesome snuggle buddy, and he comes and sleeps with Mommy when Daddy is on staff duty. And so much more than that.

Basically just happy to have him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment